Monday, September 14, 2009

All About Steve

So if I'm going to dredge-up photos of the rest of you, I suppose I should put a little more of myself into this. Here we go:
Photo courtesy of Jenni Spear (MGRHS ’85):  Torben Brooks, 
 Steve Bleezarde & Emma Wilcox at what I think was a 
September/October birthday bash in 1983.
  
My college buddy Keith and me on a floating dock on the 
Deleware river shortly after our graduation in the summer of 1988.
  
This was taken at a woodworking school in Connecticut 
in January of 2006. I built a kayak and got to visit with 
Mike McCarthy for the first time in 15 years. (No, Mike had
nothing to do with the kayak building, he just lives in the area.)
  
On the Folly River: Summer 2009. Kayaking is one of the 
big plusses to my current life in Charleston, SC.
  
I've been married to my wife Melissa Hughes for 11 years. We met in 1984, our freshman year at Bucknell: It just took us a while to get it together. She teaches animal behavior and ornithology at the College of Charleston. After years of newspaper reporting and editing, I got involved in other types of print and web design, and am currently doing that for an assortment of businesses and not-for-profits. No kids running around, but quite a menagerie with 3 adopted cats, 2 cockatiels and a rescued blue-headed pionus.
  
Sea Kayak Carolina is a great local business I work with (and provides great paddling perks!) — give me a heads-up before you travel to Charleston and we'll make sure you get out on the water!

Cheers all!

1 comment:

  1. What a shock to go onto this blog and find an older (and slightly fatter) picture of me glaring out! Thanks Steve - where did you find that photo! It was lovely though to get this invite - I am in touch with the Smiths and Holly still but have often wondered how to get in touch with the rest of you - so this is great. I do travel a far bit now and have been over to Boston and NY this last year so hopefully we may be able to meet up at some stage - of of course if you are ever over in the UK let me know! Hello from Merry Olde England

    ReplyDelete

Comments are intended for MGRHS '84 classmates, friends and family. Non-class members should ID themselves. All comments will be moderated -- it may take a day or two for them to appear.